IT Support Engineer – Tier 2
This is a unique opportunity to join a market-leading company in the telehealth industry. We support healthcare providers around the country through our teleradiology services. Using our novel cloud enabled medical image management and interpretation services, we help to advance patient care by facilitating rapid diagnosis from our large network of radiologists and clinical support professionals who all work from their homes.
The IT Support Engineer – Tier 2 is responsible for supporting the mission-critical radiology and DICOM PACS systems comprised of internal and external end users of all StatRad systems. This position requires logging into the support queue and taking calls from internal and external customers to support their end user application and technical needs. The typical end user is a PACS Administrator, Director of IT, Physician, or StatRad employee. This position requires an ability to communicate with technical and non-technical client personnel, managing the help desk, validating tickets, installing software and hardware, communicating with the Development team, and responding to issues with custom and standard software.
All StatRad IT personnel will have overlapping responsibilities. The position will also analyze and resolve end user software program and connectivity issues in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required. The qualified candidate must be able to manage resources in a complex, highly available environment and maintain accountability and organization of the same.
- Provide tier-2 support of application incidents reported through the help desk including 24/7 on call coverage, as required.
- Resolve application incidents, maintenance items, and enhancement requests.
- Perform daily monitoring of applications in production use.
- Coordinate application support with other information technology teams including Infrastructure, Development, and Client Operations.
- Modify tables/master files, make additions and changes related to complex software upgrade initiatives and enhancements to workflows including the design, build, and test phases, under the direction of senior team members.
- Take ownership of low to medium complexity issues and act as a liaison between customer and other support staff to facilitate resolution.
- Implement changes using documented procedures that are compliant with the department’s policies and procedures.
- Participate in team and cross-team meetings and maintain appropriate meeting records.
- Become fully knowledgeable with company’s proprietary software & hardware platforms.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers (45lbs), servers (60lbs), and peripherals.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by IT management.
Job Requirements and Skills
- 1-3 years of experience of hospital imaging department processes and workflow.
- 1-3 years of experience of PC and server hardware, networking, storage technology and imaging modalities.
- 2-3 years of strong remote customer technical support experience.
- 1-3 years of systems analysis experience: administering, testing, maintaining medical information systems or knowledge of clinician workflow analysis.
- Skills in applying IS principles and practices to systematically interpret functional requirements into application design and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical customers.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities and utilization of disciplined troubleshooting methodologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation and focus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- End-user support in a multiplatform environment (mostly windows).
- Document management systems and help desk software (a plus).
- 2-4 years of experience supporting PACS or other medical imaging systems administering, testing, maintaining medical information systems or knowledge of clinician workflow analysis.
- 1-3 years of HL7.
- 1-3 years of DICOM experience (Protocol, syntax, and compression ratios).
- Work experience with PACS vendor applications (preferably FUJI Synapse PACS, AGFA).
- Work experience with Nuance PowerScribe 360 Voice Recognition and Imaging Modality integration.
- Understanding of Windows Networking, Active Directory, Group Policies, and WSUS/Patching.
- Experience with Office 365 and SharePoint desired.
- Basic understanding of IP routing.
- Ability to effectively communicate with highly technical end-user staff (programmers, developers, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Associate degree in Biomedical Technology, Information Technology, or related field.
Work Location and Conditions
- Shift days and times are set by the company and include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Work onsite in our San Diego, CA corporate office, preferred; open to remote work for 2nd and 3rd shifts.
- Travel < 5% with occasional travel to customer locations to perform maintenance or installs.
- After hours on-call support will be required, including weekends and holidays.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Inspection and installation of cables in floors, ceilings, under desks, and behind furniture.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, servers, and peripherals.
- Job Type: Full-time; Non-Exempt.
- Internal Regulatory and Quality System training required for IT.
Hourly Pay Range:
- $24.50 – $40.00
- The stated pay scale has been implemented to reward employees fairly and competitively, as well as to support recognition of employees’ career progress, ranging from entry level to experts in their field, and talent mobility. It reflects the range that StatRad reasonably expects to pay for this position. The actual pay rate for this position will be dependent on a variety of factors, including an applicant’s relevant experience, unique skills and abilities, education, market demand, and employer business practices, and will be discussed at the offer stage with the selected candidate. Starting pay is targeted at $28.85 per hour for the ideal candidate.