JOB TITLE: Senior IT Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that is leveraging a long history of success in the medical image industry. For 20 years, NucleusHealth (formerly known as StatRad) has provided high quality interpretation of medical images through its award-winning teleradiology services, and along the way developed innovative technologies to ensure images and services are delivered with unsurpassed speed, security, and quality. NucleusHealth’s latest web-based technology is revolutionizing the industry by providing a fundamentally new way for the ingestion, delivery, transfer and storage of medical images. Our goal is to facilitate a global medical image exchange accessible by patients, physicians, and healthcare networks. The company offers its software as a service (SaaS) and as a platform (PaaS).
The person filling this position will be a senior member of the Information Technology team at NucleusHealth. The Information Technology team is an infrastructure, operations, and customer support team responsible for the 365 x 24 x 7 operations of the organization. The successful candidate will work with various cross organizational teams and responsibilities include supporting NucleusHealth’s technology architecture, engineering, administration and strategic goals. The position will also require the direct support of our internal and external customers via phone and chat. They should be familiar with ticketing systems and working in a ticket system environment, as well be available for on-call/overflow work on a rotational schedule. Additionally, the successful candidate is responsible for proactive monitoring and metrics of systems and services on a national basis to ensure high availability and performance for seamless business technology operations. The Senior IT Engineer also researches and evaluates current systems offering recommendations for improvement.
- Directly support internal and external customers in an expeditious and accurate manner.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and record appropriately in the ticketing system.
- Must be able to be a proactive member of the team with little to no supervision while meeting or exceeding the needs of the information technology organization and NucleusHealth.
- Analyze, resolve and perform root cause analysis for serious systems failures and issues that impact the performance or functionality of NucleusHealth systems or cause serious issues in providing services to our customer base.
- Ensure the operational health of a mission-critical environment across the IT infrastructure
- Provide technical consulting and assistance for teams and projects as assigned.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot client servers
- Identify opportunities to improve and automate work to improve outcomes and reduce cost.
- Define and document IT policies, procedures, and standards related to supported systems.
- Utilize excellent written and verbal communication skills to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Become an expert on NucleusHealth’s proprietary offerings to offer tier 3 support to team members and clients as needed.
- Mentor other team members
- Interact with clients across different functional roles
- Liaison between technical and non-technical client contacts
- Ensure compliance to IT standards, policies and software licensing.
- Medical technology background preferred but not required
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Operating Systems and Office software
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Office 365
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Azure environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and Jira are desirable
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-volume, high-pressure environment with little to no supervision
- Strong customer service orientation and focus
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in a senior IT role in a professional environment
- Experience with support ticket management and tracking
- Strong customer service, problem solving and teamwork abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of scripting technologies (e.g., java script)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL to include security, query, and best practices.
- Ability to work on-call or after normal scheduled hours as needed.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work remotely or onsite with some travel to the main campus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree from 4-year college or university
- MIST, Network +, and Security + certificates are desired. Experience in lieu of certification is acceptable after vetting process.
- 7+ years direct experience or 10 + years related experience.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft O365 technologies: Skype, SharePoint (Both on premise and cloud), Messaging, Strong ability with Active Directory (Group Policy Objects), windows/networking configuration and administration.
- Other qualifications as listed in the requirements section
- Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS
- Telecommute/work from home in San Diego, CA
- Full time position and 2nd shift (4:00pm – 1:00am)
- Continual repetitious computer work
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Occasional travel to other locations (remote data centers), and/or clients as needed
To Apply, send resume to email@example.com as a PDF.