5 Tips for Selecting the Right Teleradiology Provider
There’s no shortage of teleradiology providers. The key is finding a provider that’s right for your practice. Here are a few tips that can guide you in the right direction:
- Make sure your contract contains a non-compete clause – Teleradiology providers are designed to serve as a seamless extension of your hospital after hours. As a supporting unit of your practice, a teleradiology provider should have no problem putting its commitment to you in writing by guaranteeing it will never bypass your business to pursue a hospital contract.
- Verify turnaround times are below 20-minutes on average – Although many teleradiology providers tout fast turnaround times, it’s important to review reports that verify the average turnaround time is fewer than 20 minutes.
- Make sure discrepancy rates are below 0.5% – Although the industry average is around 1.0%, it’s important to select a provider that’s capable of exceeding outdated standards for accuracy. When you select your teleradiology provider, it’s imperative to know that you’re getting the most accurate interpretations currently available.
- Ensure that your teleradiology solution is tailored for your practice – In teleradiology, out-of-the box solutions are a thing of the past. Why? Different organizations have different needs. That’s why it’s imperative to select a partner that’s capable of implementing a customized solution that delivers results based on the way you administer care.
- Ensure your provider is using the latest technologies – After the contract is signed, a teleradiology provider must go above providing reliable service—it must make every effort to integrate the latest technologies to provide your practices with the tools and applications to provide quick and accurate reads 24/7/365.